And now, the news…

I think the spammer registration problem may be dealt with, at least for the moment. Since I added the new layers of defenses, only one spammer account has gotten through the first layer of registration (which checks its information against multiple online databases of known spammers). It failed the e-mail confirmation step and was auto-deleted last night, a week after the confirmation e-mail was sent. I love it when technology works. 🙂

Project M is nearing usability, at long last. A couple days ago I finished a very tricky bit of code involving caching pages of results from a database query on demand and tracking their offsets as the database is updated in the background. It was vital for handling large result sets; now Project M should be able to handle sets as large as any program of its type, very quickly, even when sorted on unindexed columns. 😀

I’m also trying to implement a new form of public-key signature for Project Badger (new to me anyway; it’s about ten years old). If done properly, it promises to be much faster than the signature system which we were forced to adopt a while back. It’s a fun project to work on, but I haven’t gotten it to work yet, so we’ll see how that goes.

Our personal taxes were actually done early this year, for a change… they’re usually done just in the nick of time, but I managed to force myself to do it several weeks before the deadline, even though it meant an entire day spent on nothing else. This being-responsible thing really sucks. 😉

All in all, things are looking up, and in a couple months we may even be able to afford furniture for a room or two, as GoddessJ has wanted for the last seven months. We’ll see how that goes.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *